Funny Thanksgiving riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best Thanksgiving riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
Answer: In the dictionary.
2. Riddle: Who is never hungry during Thanksgiving?
Answer: The turkey because he is always stuffed.
Related: Turkey Riddles
3. Riddle: Why did they let the turkey join the thanksgiving band?
Answer: Because he had the drumsticks.
4. Riddle: How do you fix a jack-o-lantern?
Answer: With a pumpkin patch.
5. Riddle: Why did the turkey cross the road?
Answer: To prove he wasn't chicken.
6. Riddle: What smells the best at thanksgiving dinner?
Answer: Your nose.
7. Riddle: Why didn't the turkey finish its dessert?
Answer: Because it was stuffed.
8. Riddle: What kind of key do you use on Thanksgiving?
Answer: A Turkey.
9. Riddle: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
10. Riddle: Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
Answer: The outside.
11. Riddle: Lynn likes grapes but not potatoes. She likes squash but not lettuce, and she likes peas but not onions. Following the same rule, will she like pumpkins or apples?
Answer: Pumpkins. Lynn only likes things that grow on vines.
12. Riddle: Where did pilgrims land when they arrived in America?
Answer: On their feet.
13. Riddle: What are three keys that open no doors?
Answer: MonKEYs, donKEYs, and turKeys.
Related: Zoo Riddles
14. Riddle: What do you call unhappy cranberries?
15. Riddle: Of everybody, you could ask to join you for Thanksgiving dinner, who would always say no?
Answer: The turkey!
16. Riddle: I'm a word meaning eating well, but when one letter goes missing I mean starvation. What am I?
Answer: Feast (fast).
17. Riddle: 1. Where do fish go on vacation? 2. Where do songbirds go on vacation? 3. Where do zombies go on vacation? 4. Where do Thanksgiving Birds go on vacation? 5. Where do geometry teachers go on vacation? 6. Where do locksmiths go on vacation?
Answer: 1. Finland 2. The Canary Islands 3. The Dead Sea 4. Turkey 5. Cuba 6. The Florida Keys
18. Riddle: What do you call a naughty turkey?
19. Riddle: How is it that a person born in Massachusetts, whose parents were both born in Massachusetts, is not born a U.S. Citizen?
Answer: If he was born before 1783, then Massachusetts would still be a British colony.
20. Riddle: I am a stop sign, what you see in blood, a rose, and, of course, an Autumn leaf. What am I?
Answer: The color red.
21. Riddle: Whiling away the hours of flowers, Walking through fields of gold. Preening and pruning in lights fading hours, For petals to freeze in the cold. What is it?
Answer: "The Four Seasons" - Reasoning: This riddle takes the perspective of plant life during these times of the year, where each line represents one of the four seasons of the year; Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Spring - where flowers are blooming - Summer - where fields of farm crop mature and turn golden in color, before being harvested - Autumn - where the trees shed their leaves and days grow shorter - and Winter - where the cold leaves frost and freezes plants.
22. Riddle: Why did the Indian chief wear so many feathers?
Answer: To keep his wigwam.
23. Riddle: Where do Turkeys go dancing?
Answer: The Butter Ball.
24. Riddle: What was the pilgrim's favorite type of music?
Answer: Plymouth Rock.
25. Riddle: What does a turkey do when it flies upside down?
Answer: It gobbles up.
26. Riddle: What is another name for the season of fall?
27. Riddle: The hand sows, the eyes harvest?
Answer: To read and to write.
Related: Thanksgiving Riddles Quiz
Like these riddles? Also check riddle categories, quizzes, rebus puzzles, or just search for a riddle using a keyword or phrase.