Funny pet riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best pet riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: There are 30 cows in a field, and 28 chickens. How many didn't?
Answer: 10. Listen closely: 30 cows, and twenty-eight chickens. Say EIGHT and ATE. They sound the same. Therefore, it means 20 ATE chickens. 30-20=10, so 10 cows didn't eat any chickens.
2. Riddle: If there are four sheep, two dogs and one herds-men, how many feet are there?
Answer: Two. Sheep have hooves; dogs have paws; only people have feet.
3. Riddle: I act like a cat, I look like a cat, Yet I am not a cat. What am I?
4. Riddle: There are 2 ducks in front of 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks behind 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks beside 2 other ducks. How many ducks are there?
Answer: Just four, in a square formation.
5. Riddle: While on my way to St. Ives, I saw a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kitten, cats, sacks, wives, How many were going to St. Ives?
Answer: Just one, me.
6. Riddle: I'm found in socks, scarves, and mittens. I'm found in the paws of playful kittens. What am I?
7. Riddle: A farmer has twenty sheep, ten pigs, and ten cows. If we call the pigs cows, how many cows will he have?
Answer: Ten Cows. We can call the pigs cows but it doesn't make them cows.
8. Riddle: Why did the turkey cross the road?
Answer: To prove he wasn't chicken.
9. Riddle: If a chicken says, "All chickens are liars". Is the chicken telling the truth?
Answer: Answer: Chickens cannot talk.
10. Riddle: All of Mrs. Smith's pets are dogs except one, and all her pets are cats except one. How many cats and dogs does she have?
Answer: Mrs. Smith has one cat and one dog.
11. Riddle: How can you tell the difference between dogs and trees?
Answer: By their bark.
12. Riddle: What animal keeps the best time?
Answer: A Watchdog.
13. Riddle: If it takes 5 microwaves and 5 minutes to cook 5 chickens, how long does it take 100 microwaves to cook 100 chickens?
Answer: 5 minutes. We can assume that one chicken is placed in each microwave and that each chicken takes 5 minutes to cook.
14. Riddle: Why do chickens lay eggs?
Answer: Because if they drop them, they will break.
15. Riddle: To you, rude would I never be, Though I flag my tongue for all to see. What am I?
Answer: A dog!
16. Riddle: What do you call pigs that write letters to each other?
Answer: Pen Pals.
17. Riddle: If a dog is tied to a piece of rope that is 6m long, how can he reach a bone that is 7m away?
Answer: The other end is not tied to anything.
18. Riddle: Stranger: Does your dog bite? Farmer: Nope. All of a sudden the dog bites the stranger on the leg. Yet the farmer was telling the truth! How can this be?
Answer: It was not the farmer's dog!
19. Riddle: There are 10 dogs in a yard. 3 go out, 4 run behind a tree, and 2 jump in the hole. How many are left?
Answer: 10. Because none of them left the yard.
20. Riddle: What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?
Answer: Chicago. The first three words out of seven of chicken are CHI, the first two words out of 3 of cat is CA, and the first two words out of goat is GO. Therefore making, (CHI)(CA)(GO).
21. Riddle: What happens after it rains cats and dogs?
Answer: You step in a poodle.
22. Riddle: If there is a Yellow house on Bluebird Lane, a green house on Orange Street, a Pink house on Kitten Road, a black house on Whitehorse Pike and a Purple house on Firebird hill, where is the white house?
Answer: Washington, D.C.
23. Riddle: What type of dogs do scientists have?
Answer: Laboratory retrievers.
24. Riddle: Two dogs are sitting on a porch - a fat dog and a thin dog. The little dog is the son of the fat dog, but the fat dog is not the father of the thin dog. Can you explain?
Answer: The fat dog is the mother.
25. Riddle: What did the scientist get when he crossed a chicken and a cow?
Answer: Roost beef.
26. Riddle: What do you get if you cross a hen with a guitar?
Answer: A chicken that plucks itself.
27. Riddle: What do you call a chicken with bad sunburn?
Answer: Fried Chicken.
28. Riddle: You walk into a room with a rabbit holding a carrot, a pig eating slop, and a chimp holding a banana. Which animal in the room is the smartest?
Answer: You, hopefully.
29. Riddle: What happened when the rubber duckie fell into the bathtub?
Answer: It quacked up.
30. Riddle: Why can't you play basketball with pigs?
Answer: Because they will "hog" the ball!
31. Riddle: What do you call a crate of ducks?
Answer: A box of quakers!
32. Riddle: A man is on one side of a river, his dog on the other. The man calls his dog, who immediately crossed the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the dog do it?
Answer: The river was frozen.
33. Riddle: I went to city OZ on the way I saw four women, with four bags, who have four kittens. Each woman had two children with her. How many people went to city OZ? (count correctly)
Answer: One because I went to city OZ on the way I saw...
34. Riddle: What do you get when you cross a dog and a clock?
Answer: Lots and lots of tics!
35. Riddle: Why did Momma Pig leave her husband?
Answer: Because he was a boar.
36. Riddle: What is the smallest sentence with all letters in the English alphabet?
Answer: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
37. Riddle: What type of dog does a vampire have?
Answer: A Bloodhound!
38. Riddle: Why did the chicken cross the road twice, and jump in mud?
Answer: He was a dirty double-crosser.
39. Riddle: Why did the squirrel lay only its back on the river?
Answer: To keep its "nuts" dry.
40. Riddle: What do you call a pig that does karate?
Answer: A Porkchop.
41. Riddle: When is the worst weather for rats and mice?
Answer: When it rains cats and dogs.
42. Riddle: What kind of dog does Dracula have?
Answer: A blood-hound.
43. Riddle: Arnold Schwarzenegger's is really long. Michael J. Fox's is short. Daffy Duck isn't human. Madonna doesn't have one. What am I?
Answer: A last name.
44. Riddle: What is a dog's name with one letter and one number?
Answer: K9 (canine).
45. Riddle: What pen should never be used for writing?
Answer: A pig-pen.
46. Riddle: What do you get when you cross a pig with a dinosaur?
Answer: Jurassic pork!
47. Riddle: A guy bet his neighbor 50 bucks that his dog could jump higher than a house. Thinking this was not possible, the neighbor took the bet and lost. Why did he lose the bet?
Answer: a house cannot jump!
48. Riddle: How does a dog stop the VCR?
Answer: He uses the PAWS button.
49. Riddle: What wears a coat all year-round?
Answer: A dog.
50. Riddle: Why did the sheriff arrest the chicken?
Answer: It used fowl language
51. Riddle: A mouse, a squirrel, a duck, a chicken, and an elephant are sitting on the side of the road. Someone offers them a lift, but one prefers to stay. Who preferred to stay?
Answer: The Elephant Stayed. If you didn't know, elephants are scared of mice.
52. Riddle: You're never too old to learn. What is the contradictory proverb?
Answer: You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
53. Riddle: How far can a dog run into the woods?
Answer: Halfway, any farther and he would be running out of the woods.
54. Riddle: It is said among my people that some things are improved by death. Tell me, what stinks while living, but in death, smells good?
Answer: A Pig.
55. Riddle: What is more amazing than a talking dog?
Answer: A spelling bee
56. Riddle: A duck arrives near a lake. He sees a sign where it is written "No swimming allowed.", but the duck jumps into the water. Why?
Answer: Because ducks can't read.
57. Riddle: Why was the chicken forbidden from sending e-mails?
Answer: Because he kept using fowl language.
58. Riddle: What animal keeps the best time?
Answer: A Watchdog
59. Riddle: Where should you put a noisy dog?
Answer: In a barking lot!
60. Riddle: Why don't dogs make good dancers?
Answer: Because they have two left feet.
61. Riddle: What position do pigs play on the baseball field?
62. Riddle: What happens to the dog when it stands in front of the hot sun?
Answer: It becomes a hotdog.
63. Riddle: What do you give a sick pig?
Answer: An "oinkment"
64. Riddle: What do you call a car made of pigs?
Answer: A “ham”borgini.
65. Riddle: Why did Mama Duck scold her goslings?
Answer: For eating quackers in bed.
66. Riddle: How do chickens like to dance?
Answer: Chick to chick
67. Riddle: Why was the pig a bad teammate?
Answer: He was a ball hog.
68. Riddle: How do veterinarians swim laps?
Answer: They dog paddle.
69. Riddle: My body has a dozen heads or more, My tails don't wag when you walk in the door. Count the ways you can hold me tight, Or use me for a special night! What Am I?
Answer: A piggy bank.
70. Riddle: Under no circumstances compute the number of your barnyard fowl previous to their incubation. What is the proverb?
Answer: Do not count your chickens before they hatch.
71. Riddle: What do these three things have in common: Diamonds, Dogs, and Double plays?
Answer: They're all best friends. A diamond is a girl's best friend, a dog is a man's best friend, and a double play is a pitcher's best friend.
72. Riddle: My first is twice in an apple but not once in the tart. My second is in liver but not in heart. My third is in giant and also in ghost. Whole I'm best when I am roast. What am I?
Answer: The word Pig.
73. Riddle: I have a house with no doors no windows, nothing. If I want to get out I break the wall. Who am I?
Answer: Chicken as if it wants to come out it breaks the wall.
74. Riddle: What time does a duck get up?
Answer: At the quack of dawn.
75. Riddle: Why did the duck get fired from his Easter job?
Answer: He kept quacking the eggs.
76. Riddle: How can you say - "Robert and Richard Purchased A Rottweiler" without using any R's?
Answer: Bob and Dick bought a dog.
77. Riddle: A pig lives on a pig farm, a cow lives on a cow farm, a sheep lives on a sheep farm, a chicken lives on a chicken farm. Where do horses live?
Answer: On a ranch.
78. Riddle: What did the falling space rock say when it landed on a pig farm?
Answer: Move over bacon, here comes something Meteor!
79. Riddle: Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What am I?
Answer: A cow.
80. Riddle: How did the chicken manage to pay for, 'A de Luxe' roost?
Answer: By Higher Perchase.
81. Riddle: When is a dog's tail not a tail?
Answer: When it's a wag'n
82. Riddle: Why was the Easter egg hiding?
Answer: It was a little chicken!
83. Riddle: Why did the skeleton climb up the tree?
Answer: Because the dog was after his bones.
84. Riddle: What does a chicken say instead of good?
85. Riddle: Twenty-seven ducks are going to the pond. Five of them got lost, thirteen of them are staying home, and nine of them are at the pond. Where are the rest of them?
Answer: There aren't any anywhere else.
86. Riddle: A fast-food restaurant sells chicken in orders of 6,9 and 20. What's the largest number of pieces of chicken you cannot order from the restaurant?
Answer: 43 is the last number that doesn't fall into these categories.
87. Riddle: A dog leash is attached to a dog and is 3.2 meters long. A bone is 7.8 meters away from the dog. How does the dog get the bone?
Answer: It simply walks to the bone!
88. Riddle: What does a dog become when it walks from Britain to Spain?
89. Riddle: Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Answer: Because, if it had four it would be a sedan.
90. Riddle: There's a land where there are mummies and daddies but no babies. Books but no libraries. Mirrors but no reflections. Kittens but no cats. Cattle but no cows. Lollipops but no candy and trees but no forests. It's the land of what?
Answer: The land of double letters.
91. Riddle: How do you put nine dogs in eight kennels?
Answer: Eight kennels. "N", "I", "N", "E", "D", "O", "G", "S"
92. Riddle: I'm like a dog with the tail that wags and all but am not a dog. What am I?
Answer: I am a puppy.
93. Riddle: What does the cow say when he agrees with the duck?
Answer: The feeling is mootual.
94. Riddle: Forward I am an animal, but backward I am one who no man can ever see. What am I?
Answer: I am a dog.
95. Riddle: What animal would you get crossed a duck, a beaver, and an otter?
Answer: A platypus.
96. Riddle: Why did the woolly mammoth cross the road?
Answer: Because there were no chickens in the ice age!
97. Riddle: What do you get when you cross Santa Claus and a duck?
Answer: A Christmas quacker.
98. Riddle: Who is the meanest goat in the west?
Answer: Billy the Kid.
99. Riddle: What would you name your dogs Rolex and Timex?
Answer: If you needed some watch dogs!
100. Riddle: You have seven pens and nine pigs. You must arrange the pens so that each pen has an even number of pigs. Zero is not allowed, nor will it work. How do you do this?
Answer: Stack the pens.
101. Riddle: Why don't chickens play baseball?
Answer: Because they hit fowl balls.
102. Riddle: Why did the chicken cross the playground?
Answer: To get to the other slide!
103. Riddle: Why was the dog kicked out of the flea circus?
Answer: Because he stole the show!
104. Riddle: Which has more tails? A. 1 Dog B. 2 Dogs C. 3 Dogs D. No Dog
Answer: D. No Dog NO dog has more tails!
105. Riddle: Name three things that? 1. Are red 2. Can swim 3. Give off heat
Answer: Answers may vary. 1. Apples, Roses, Stop Signs 2. Fish, Dogs, Snakes 3. Sun, Fire, Your body
106. Riddle: In the backyard, there is a hollow stump, that contains six ears of corn. If a healthy squirrel carries out only three ears each day, how many days will it take to empty the stump?
Answer: Six. Each day the squirrel will carry out the two ears on his head plus one ear of corn.
107. Riddle: A dog had three puppies, named Mopsy, Topsy, and Spot. What was the mother's name?
108. Riddle: Why is it that Snoop Dogg needs an umbrella?
Answer: Because of the drizzle.