Funny fish riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best fish riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: Two fathers and two sons went fishing one day. They were there the whole day and only caught 3 fish. One father said, that is enough for all of us, we will have one each. How can this be possible?
Answer: There was the father, his son, and his son's son. This equals 2 fathers and 2 sons for a total of 3!
2. Riddle: I am a word of six; my first three letters refer to an automobile; my last three letters refer to a household animal; my first four letters is a fish; my whole is found in your room. What am I?
Answer: A carpet.
3. Riddle: There are two bodies on the floor. They are surrounded by water and broken glass. How did they die?
Answer: The bodies were goldfish because their fishbowl got knocked over onto the floor and broke.
4. Riddle: What has cities, but no houses; forests, but no trees; and water, but no fish?
Answer: A map.
5. Riddle: If fish lived on land, where would they live?
Answer: In Finland.
6. Riddle: What do you call a fish with no eye's?
7. Riddle: What does a shark eat with peanut butter?
8. Riddle: A big person and a small person are going to fish. The big person is not the small person father but the small person is the big person's son. What is the relationship between the two?
Answer: The big person is the small person's mother.
9. Riddle: If you hadn't put me in a bowl, I would have lived for 20 years. What am I?
Answer: I'm your goldfish, you monster.
10. Riddle: Inside napper, bird chaser, quick stoker, small animal killer, fish eater. What is it?
Answer: A cat.
11. Riddle: Alive without breath, As cold as death, Never thirsty, Ever drinking, Clad in mail, Never clinking, Drowns on dry land, Thinks an island Is a mountain, Thinks a fountain Is a puff of air. What am I?
Answer: A fish.
12. Riddle: 10 fish are in a tank. 10 drown. How many died?
Answer: None, cause fish can't drown.
13. Riddle: Where do fish keep their money?
Answer: In the riverbank.
14. Riddle: There were two mothers and two daughters,and they all went fishing. All of them caught a fish but when they counted there were only three fish. How was this possible?
Answer: There were only three because there was a grandmother a mother and a daughter. The mother was the daughter to the grandmother and she was the mother to the mother and the daughter was the daughter to the mother.
15. Riddle: Why are some fish at the bottom of the ocean?
Answer: Because they dropped out of school!
16. Riddle: Why are fish so clever?
Answer: They live in schools.
17. Riddle: If you have nine fish in a fish bowl and 3 drown how many fish do you have left?
Answer: Nine because fish don't drown.
18. Riddle: 1. Where do fish go on vacation? 2. Where do songbirds go on vacation? 3. Where do zombies go on vacation? 4. Where do Thanksgiving Birds go on vacation? 5. Where do geometry teachers go on vacation? 6. Where do locksmiths go on vacation?
Answer: 1. Finland 2. The Canary Islands 3. The Dead Sea 4. Turkey 5. Cuba 6. The Florida Keys
19. Riddle: A grandfather, a father, and a son go fishing. Each gets one fish but there is only one fish how is this?
Answer: It is only one person. He is a son of his father, he is a father to his son and he is a grandfather to his grandchild.
20. Riddle: I'm first found in caves, now prolific online; I'm a depiction, a drawing, a symbol, or a sign. I'll convey whichever mood you could wish; or for that matter, a fist, flask, or fish. What am I?
Answer: An emoji.
21. Riddle: Where do fish go for vacation?
22. Riddle: Where do jellyfish sleep?
Answer: In tent-acles.
23. Riddle: What do sea monsters eat for lunch?
Answer: Fish and ships.
24. Riddle: There were seven fish in the sea. Two drowned and three swam away. How many are left?
Answer: Four because fish can't drown.
25. Riddle: Martha and George died, there was glass and water all around but, no blood. How did they die?
Answer: They were fish.
26. Riddle: Forward I catch fish, backward I am the tenth of numbers. What am I?
27. Riddle: Why are fish so good at watching their weight?
Answer: Because they have lots of scales.
28. Riddle: What did the cowboy go fishing with a lasso?
Answer: To catch a Bull Shark or maybe some Sea Horses.
29. Riddle: Larry is dead the window is open. There is a glass and water on the floor, and Mary is sleeping. What happened??
Answer: Larry is a fish. the breeze from the window knocked over his fishbowl it broke and he died from no water.
30. Riddle: Why wouldn't the shrimp share his treasure?
Answer: Because he was a little shellfish.
31. Riddle: What do you call a classy fish?
32. Riddle: What musical instrument would you use to catch a fish?
33. Riddle: There is an old abandoned house, there are six fish, and three die. How many are left?
Answer: Six no one cleaned the tank out. You probably said three.
34. Riddle: A professional fisherman caught 30 fish during a 5-day tournament. Each day, he caught three more fish than the day before. How many fish did the fisherman catch on the first day?
Answer: He didn't catch any fish the first day, but he caught 3 on the second day, 6 on the third day, 9 on the fourth day, and 12 on the fifth day.
35. Riddle: There once was an abandoned hotel with a fish bowl on the third floor. In the fishbowl, there were 3 big fish and 5 little fish. 2 of the big fish died and 3 little fish died. How many fish are left in the bowl?
Answer: 8 fish (3 big fish and 5 small fish) because it is an ABANDONED hotel which means there are no cleaners to clean the fish out of the bowl so all of the fish are still in the fish bowl.
36. Riddle: Hold the tail, While I fish for you. What am I?
Answer: A net.
37. Riddle: Part carbon, part water, I am poison to the fishes. Many have falsely claimed my name, for I am the pause that refreshes. What am I?
Answer: I am Soda Pop!
38. Riddle: Why shouldn't you eat a French fish?
Answer: It's "poisson".
39. Riddle: How do fish communicate?
Answer: With a shell-phone.
40. Riddle: If you eat me, my sender will eat you. What am I?
Answer: A Fish Hook.
41. Riddle: Why does footwear smell of fish?
Answer: Maybe, it is the soles and (h) eels.
42. Riddle: I am in Time, and I am in Tie. I am in FIsh, I am also sometimes the only one. What Am I?
Answer: The Letter i. The letter I is in every word it is in "I am in time, and I am in tIe, I am in fIsh," The letter I can also be alone in A Sentence. Example: Well, I can be alone!
43. Riddle: When the below was jerking, the above was preferring. When the below was hurting, the above was happy rejoicing. What is that?
Answer: That is fishing.
44. Riddle: What animal is it the hardest to have a staring contest with?
Answer: A fish. They cannot blink!
45. Riddle: What do you call a magic fish?
Answer: A sardini!
46. Riddle: What can someone do that a fish has?
47. Riddle: Name three types of fish that one can never catch?
Answer: Selfish, wolfish, and huffish.
48. Riddle: What do kids, worms, bears, fish, and rings all have in common?
Answer: They are GUMMIES!
49. Riddle: Why ought a fisherman to be very wealthy?
Answer: Because he is all net profit.
50. Riddle: Slippery, wet and greasy, when it's in its easy, when it's out it jumps about, slippery wet, and greasy. What am I?
Answer: A Fish.
51. Riddle: I am the symbol of prying and meddling, for I smell fish that is worth a roundabout fish to fry. What am I?
Answer: A nose.
52. Riddle: A pro fisherman decided to become a pro golfer. In order to buy his clubs, he had to sell his boat. How did he list it?
Answer: Fore Sail!
53. Riddle: Cleopatra and Anthony were near a fish bowl and somehow they died. What happened?
Answer: Cleopatra and Anthony were fish and a cat knocked over their fish bowl and since fish can't survive without water they died!!
54. Riddle: Why was the fisherman arrested?
Answer: For packing a rod.