Funny chicken riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best chicken riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: There are 30 cows in a field, and 28 chickens. How many didn't?
Answer: 10. Listen closely: 30 cows, and twenty-eight chickens. Say EIGHT and ATE. They sound the same. Therefore, it means 20 ATE chickens. 30-20=10, so 10 cows didn't eat any chickens.
2. Riddle: If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
Answer: Roosters don't lay eggs.
3. Riddle: Why did the turkey cross the road?
Answer: To prove he wasn't chicken.
4. Riddle: If a chicken says, "All chickens are liars". Is the chicken telling the truth?
Answer: Answer: Chickens cannot talk.
5. Riddle: If it takes 5 microwaves 5 minutes to cook 5 chickens, how long does it take 100 microwaves to cook 100 chickens?
Answer: 5 minutes. We can assume that one chicken is placed in each microwave and that each chicken takes 5 minutes to cook.
6. Riddle: Why do chickens lay eggs?
Answer: Because if they drop them, they will break.
7. Riddle: What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?
Answer: Chicago. The first three words out of seven of chicken is CHI, the first two words out of 3 of cat is CA, and first two words out of goat is GO. Therefore making, (CHI)(CA)(GO).
8. Riddle: What did the scientist get when he crossed a chicken and a cow?
Answer: Roost beef.
9. Riddle: What do you get if you cross a hen with a guitar?
Answer: A chicken that plucks itself.
10. Riddle: What do you call a chicken with bad sunburn?
Answer: Fried Chicken.
11. Riddle: Why did the chicken cross the road twice, and jump in the mud?
Answer: He was a dirty double-crosser.
12. Riddle: If a rooster laid 11 eggs and the farmer took 5 of them and another rooster laid 14 eggs and 5 of them were rotten. How many eggs were left?
Answer: 0, Roosters don't lay eggs.
13. Riddle: A mouse, a squirrel, a duck, a chicken, and an elephant are sitting on the side of the road. Someone offers them a lift, but one prefers to stay. Who preferred to stay?
Answer: The Elephant Stayed. If you didn't know, elephants are scared of mice.
14. Riddle: Why did the sheriff arrest the chicken?
Answer: It used fowl language
15. Riddle: Why was the chicken forbidden from sending e-mails?
Answer: Because he kept using fowl language.
16. Riddle: My call, I pray, at dawn of day, Shall rest you from your slumber, With job all done, my song all sung, I'll sit on the seat of lumber. What am I?
Answer: A Rooster.
17. Riddle: How do chickens like to dance?
Answer: Chick to chick
18. Riddle: Under no circumstances compute the number of your barnyard fowl previous to their incubation. What is the proverb?
Answer: Do not count your chickens before they hatch.
19. Riddle: A Rooster laid an Egg. Which way did it roll?
Answer: It didn't. And since when do Roosters lay Eggs?
20. Riddle: I have a house with no doors no windows, nothing. If I want to get out I break the wall. Who am I?
Answer: Chicken as if it wants to come out breaks the wall.
21. Riddle: If a rooster lays an egg on the ridge of a roof, which side will the egg fall on?
Answer: Roosters don’t lay eggs. Hen’s do.
22. Riddle: How did the chicken manage to pay for, 'A de Luxe' roost?
Answer: By Higher Perch-ase.
23. Riddle: Why was the Easter egg hiding?
Answer: It was a little chicken!
24. Riddle: What does a chicken say instead of good?
25. Riddle: He's a boastful, puffed-up fellow, wearing spurs; eyes gleaming yellow. As he proudly struts about, he's in charge, there is no doubt. What is he?
Answer: He is a Rooster.
26. Riddle: A fast-food restaurant sells chicken in orders of 6,9 and 20. What's the largest number of pieces of chicken you cannot order from the restaurant?
Answer: 43 is the last number that doesn't fall into these categories.
27. Riddle: Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Answer: Because, if it had four it would be a sedan.
28. Riddle: Why did the woolly mammoth cross the road?
Answer: Because there were no chickens in the ice age!
29. Riddle: Why don't chickens play baseball?
Answer: Because they hit fowl balls.
30. Riddle: Why did the chicken cross the playground?
Answer: To get to the other slide!
31. Riddle: What is the time-piece, That needs no winding?
Answer: A rooster.
32. Riddle: In what place did the rooster crow when all the world heard him?
Answer: In Noah's Ark.
Related: Riddles about Animals
Like these animal riddles? Also check riddle categories, quizzes, rebus puzzles, or just search for a riddle using a keyword or phrase.