Funny kitchen riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best kitchen riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: You have three stoves: a gas stove, a wood stove, and a coal stove, but only one match. Which should you light first?
Answer: The match!
2. Riddle: Which is the only way a leopard can change his spots?
Answer: By going from one spot to another.
3. Riddle: If it takes 5 microwaves 5 minutes to cook 5 chickens, how long does it take 100 microwaves to cook 100 chickens?
Answer: 5 minutes. We can assume that one chicken is placed in each microwave and that each chicken takes 5 minutes to cook.
4. Riddle: If you put roast in a roaster, what do you put in toaster?
5. Riddle: Double my number, I'm less than a score, and half of my number is less than four. Add one to my double when bakers are near, days of the week are still greater, I fear. What am I?
Answer: The number six.
6. Riddle: Why did the outlaw hold up the bakery?
Answer: He kneaded the dough.
7. Riddle: What kind of garden does a baker have?
Answer: A flour garden!
8. Riddle: I have a short, wide body. It is cold and shiny. My insides are hot as flame. I have two mouths. My tail is long and forked. What am I?
Answer: A Toaster.
9. Riddle: Big as a biscuit, deep as a cup, even a river can't fill it up. What is it?
Answer: A kitchen strainer.
10. Riddle: What washes up on tiny beaches?
11. Riddle: A woman was horrified to find a fly in her tea. The waiter took her cup and went into the kitchen and returned with a fresh cup of tea. She shouted, "You brought me the same tea!" How did she know?
Answer: She had already put sugar in it and when she tasted the new tea it was already sweet.
12. Riddle: Why is the best baker most in want of bread?
Answer: Because he kneads (needs) it most.
13. Riddle: What sneaks through doors and windows without knocking? What heats an unlit stove? What gives the cat a snug place to rest?
Answer: The sun!
14. Riddle: The sun bakes them, the hand breaks them, the foot treads on them, and the mouth tastes them. What are they?
15. Riddle: What happened to the man who plugged his electric blanket into a toaster?
Answer: He kept popping out of bed.
16. Riddle: I give you a group of three. One is sitting down, and will never get up. The second eats as much as is given to him, yet is always hungry. The third goes away and never returns. What are the three things?
Answer: Stove, fire, and smoke.
17. Riddle: I am a room. I have a sink. I have a stove. You use me for cooking. What am I?
Answer: A kitchen.
18. Riddle: A woman has three children: MoroEbi, MoroPet and Laura. MoroPet is in the sitting room playing, Moroebi is in the bathroom taking his bath, and the woman is in the kitchen preparing dinner. In what room is Laura.
Answer: Laura is in WHAT ROOM. Didn't guess it right?
19. Riddle: When is 90 greater than 100?
Answer: On a microwave timer. When you type 100, the timer interprets it as 1 minute. When you type 90, it will read 90 seconds, which is 1 minute 30 seconds.
20. Riddle: Why can't a cook swallow his apron?
Answer: Because it goes against his stomach.
21. Riddle: If place 1 cake of soap on a pan of a scale and 3/4 cake of soap and a 3/4-pound weight on the other, the pans balance. How much does a cake of soap weigh?
Answer: Since 1/4 cake weighs 3/4 pound, and the entire cake weighs 3 pounds.
22. Riddle: What goes through the door without pinching itself, sits on the stove without burning itself, sits on the table, and is not ashamed?
Answer: The Sun.
Related: Bathroom Riddles
Like these riddles? Also check riddle categories, quizzes, rebus puzzles, or just search for a riddle using a keyword or phrase.