1. Riddle: John bet Tom $100 that he can predict the score of the football game before it starts. Tom agrees but loses the bet. Why did Tom lose the bet?
Answer: John said the score would be 0-0 and he was right. "Before" any football game starts, the score is always 0-0.
2. Riddle: Why did the football team go to the bank?
Answer: To get a quarter-back!
3. Riddle: What has 22 legs and 2 wings?
Answer: A football team!
4. Riddle: Streets can go through me, but roads can't. Goodwill can go through me, but not the Salvation Army. Trees can go through me, but bushes can't. Football can go through me, but not rugby. Can a tennis ball go through me?
Answer: Yes. For something to go through, it has to have two of the same letter in a row. Tennis ball has that occurring twice. Nn and ll.
5. Riddle: Why is it always hot at the end of a football game?
Answer: Because all of the FANS have gone home.
Related: Sports Riddles