Disturbing murder riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best murder riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and adults. Entertain your classmates or share with your family.
1. Riddle: I am not alive, but I grow; I don't have lungs, but I need air; I don't have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I?
2. Riddle: Always in you, Sometimes on you; If I surround you, I can kill you. What am I?
3. Riddle: It can't be seen, can't be felt, can't be heard, and can't be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, Ends life, and kills laughter. What is it?
Answer: The dark.
4. Riddle: Why did Snap, Crackle, and Pop get scared?
Answer: They heard there was a cereal killer on the loose.
5. Riddle: There is a brother and a sister. The boy wants to visit his father in jail, and the sister wants to visit her mother in the hospital. But they both are not allowed in jail or hospital. All they have is a gun. What do they do?
Answer: The boy shoots the girl, and then the boy goes to jail for attempted murder and the girl goes to the hospital due to her injuries.
6. Riddle: What kind of candy would a prisoner want before he is executed?
Answer: A Life Saver.
7. Riddle: There was a man who was born before his father, killed his mother, and married his sister. Yet, there was nothing wrong with what he had done. Why?
Answer: His father was in front of him when he was born, therefore he was born before him. His mother died while giving birth to him. Finally, he grew up to be a minister and married his sister at her ceremony.
8. Riddle: There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. He has a wife and 2 kids. What does he weigh?
9. Riddle: A woman is at her mother's funeral when suddenly she sees a man so handsome, that she instantly falls in love with her. Unfortunately, she never got a chance to talk to the man. The next day, the woman kills her sister. What was the motive?
Answer: The woman was hoping to see the man again. If you got this correct on the first try, you have the mind of a psychopath.
10. Riddle: What hired killer never goes to jail?
Answer: An exterminator.
Related: Dirty Riddles
11. Riddle: A thousand colored folds stretch toward the sky, Atop a tender strand, Rising from the land, 'Til killed by maiden's hand, Perhaps a token of love, perhaps to say goodbye. What am I?
Answer: A flower.
12. Riddle: I am a rock group that has 4 members, all of whom are dead, one of which was assassinated. What am I?
Answer: Mount Rushmore. Get it, rock group?
13. Riddle: Something that requires our mental skill to decode it, our imagination to understand it, our knowledge is tested to its max, it confuses us at every stage, it seems easy yet difficult, only those who are used to, will get through. What is it?
Answer: A riddle.
14. Riddle: Every month someone dies, and there are five suspects. The suspects are, Jason, Lily, Nathan, Elizabeth, and Erin, and the months of the murders are July, August, September, October, and November. Who's the murderer?
Answer: Jason. J, July. A, August. S, September. O, October. N, November.
15. Riddle: Inside napper, bird chaser, quick stoker, small animal killer, fish eater. What is it?
Answer: A cat.
16. Riddle: What kills you inside the more you keep it and sets you free the moment you release it?
17. Riddle: I wear you down, yet you'll mourn me once I fly. You can kill me, but I will never die. What am I?
18. Riddle: A man moved into a new house and decided he was tired after the journey and turned off all the lights and went to bed. The next morning he had killed 365 people how could this be? he does not sleep walk he slept like a baby
Answer: he lived in a lighthouse
19. Riddle: What word is a fun word until you add one letter and it becomes a terrible word that no one wants to happen?
Answer: Laughter: If you add an 'S' to the begging of laughter it becomes slaughter.
20. Riddle: A plane crashed and every single person on board this flight was killed, yet, there were survivors. Can you explain how?
Answer: The married people lived; the singles died.
Related: Dark Riddles
21. Riddle: You are sitting at a table eating lunch and there are ten flies on the table. With a quick swat, you are able to kill three flies. How many flies are left on the table?
Answer: You killed three flies that remain on the table. The others flew off when you swatted.
22. Riddle: I have a butt, but I'm not alive. I bring smoke but am not fire. I destroy, I kill, though I am not used in a war. What am I?
Answer: A cigarette.
23. Riddle: I eat animals but I don't hunt or kill. What am I?
Answer: A vulture.
24. Riddle: When I move, I tip the scales. I am the source of many tales. Around your foot, a sign of wealth. Around a stick, a sign of health. Around your chest, your final breath. On your neck, say hi to death. What am I?
Answer: A snake. Snake scales. Snake Tail and snakes are usually the antagonists. Snakeskin is very expensive. Snakes on a stick are almost always seen in hospitals. Constrictors squeeze the life out of you. A poisonous snakebite on your neck would kill you extremely fast.
25. Riddle: Why did the man shoot the clock?
Answer: He was killing time.
26. Riddle: I am both a killer and a savior, it depends on those who wield me. I will bring you from deep water to the shallows, or maybe I could be the one who will hang you on the gallows. What am I?
Answer: A rope.
27. Riddle: I want everything within sight. The impossible will not flee my plight. I will take it all by any means. To have is my heart's very need. A bottomless pit that nothing will fill. I have even led humans to kill. What am I?
28. Riddle: I am boneless, small, and weak, yet can crush and kill; the speed of what comes out of me outstrips the steed. My great storehouse is your heart. Keep me to keep your soul from troubles. What am I?
Answer: Your tongue!
29. Riddle: An excess of individuals skilled in the preparation of edibles impairs the quality of this soup. What is the proverb?
Answer: Too many cooks spoil the broth.
30. Riddle: Why was the clock arrested?
Answer: For killing time.
Related: Black Riddles
31. Riddle: I'm a killing machine used again and again; I bend a little, but way less than my friend; For many years I was number one, But I've been replaced by my modern son. What am I?
32. Riddle: What is a cereal's worst fear?
Answer: A cereal killer.
33. Riddle: I am very important to all living creatures. I was firstborn in the sun. I am a chapter in textbooks and I am not made of fire. I make the sun-worthy. Too much of me may kill you. But humans can still prevent me. What am I?
34. Riddle: There lived a man in a house and every time he went to bed he turned on the light. One night, the man forgot to turn on the light. The next day he read the paper and killed himself. Why?
Answer: The man lived in a lighthouse. He forgot to turn on the light and a ship crashed. The next morning he read in the paper that the ship crashed and killed himself because he felt guilty.
35. Riddle: I kill people when you need me to, I am not accepted and illegal, I need to be refilled from time to time and I can harm my owner. What am I?
Answer: A gun.
36. Riddle: A man is found dead at the end of an alley. A detective who enters the scene sees the letter X and immediately knows who killed the man and why. How did the detective know?
Answer: This was a bowling alley, and the man who died was a pin spotter. A player had a strike and was to bowl again, but he bowled too soon before the pin spotter was clear. The X is on the score sheet and this tells the detective the name of the bowler.
37. Riddle: I am brave but, wear the thing I used to fear most, I am bold, but not willing to kill. Who am I?
38. Riddle: A color is seen on a stoplight, an item you use to eliminate the darkness. What comic book character is it?
Answer: Green Lantern.
39. Riddle: I am as small as a beetle, as annoying as a fly, and I like to kill trees, what am I?
Answer: A Lantern Fly! (Also stop stealing my riddles, Berries, the LearnyVerse Wizard from Pyranic)
40. Riddle: Endlessly, I hunger, Lazily, I sleep. Murderous, I thunder, Desires, I do seek. Hoarding countless treasures, so my stature I retain, Envious of others whose feet on Earth remain. What am I?
Answer: "The Seven Deadly Sins" - Reasoning: Each sentence structure portrays one of the seven deadly sins from Christian theology, with the exception of the final 5 words. In order according to the riddle, these are; gluttony, sloth, wrath, lust, greed, pride, and envy. The final 5 words, "whose feet on Earth remain", act in conjunction with the section on envy, demonstrating the perspective of a sinner in hell, who is envious of those still alive, and thus can still repent for their sins in order to enter Heaven.
Related: Fire Riddles
41. Riddle: What dies but is never killed?
Answer: A bad joke.
42. Riddle: A parliament, a congress, a conspiracy, a murder, a wake. What am I?
Answer: A flock of Corvids.
43. Riddle: A woman proves in court that her husband was murdered by her sister, but the judge decides that the sister cannot be punished. Why?
Answer: The sisters are Siamese twins.
44. Riddle: Who cowardly a prince did kill?
Answer: Joab—2 Samuel xviii. 14.
45. Riddle: What is an executioner's favorite hobby?
Answer: Hang gliding.
46. Riddle: If it takes four rat catchers four minutes to kill four rats, how many rat catchers would be needed to catch 50 rats in 50 minutes?
Answer: The same number of rat catchers- Four.
47. Riddle: A queen bee was buzzing, a worker bee was buzzing, a honey bee was buzzing, and a killer bee was buzzing. How many bees were buzzing?
Answer: One. There is only one b in the word buzzing
48. Riddle: If seven cats kill seven rats in 7 minutes, how many would be needed to kill one hundred rats in 50 minutes?
49. Riddle: I'm one of five, I'm not alive. The one who sent me forth became king, The one who received me died. What am I?
Answer: A Stone from the popular Biblical story, David had five stones. He used one of the stones to kill Goliath.
50. Riddle: I killed one-fourth of all mankind. Who am I?
Answer: Cain (who killed Abel).
Like these riddles? Also check riddle categories, quizzes, rebus puzzles, or just search for a riddle using a keyword or phrase.