Funny Black riddles for kids from the original Riddles website. These are the best Black riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and adults. Entertain your classmates or share with your family.
1. Riddle: I am white when I am dirty, and black when I am clean. What am I?
Answer: A blackboard.
2. Riddle: What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
3. Riddle: When is it bad luck to see a black cat?
Answer: When you are a mouse.
4. Riddle: Why is Santa so good at Karate?
Answer: Because he has a black belt.
5. Riddle: I'm clean when I'm black, Dirty when white; Get too close, And you might sneeze. What am I?
Answer: A Chalkboard.
6. Riddle: I am white, black, and read all over. What am I?
7. Riddle: Pronounced as one letter, And written with three, Two letters there are, And two only in me. I'm double, I'm single, I'm black, blue, and gray, I'm read from both ends, And the same either way. What am I?
Answer: An eye.
8. Riddle: Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red. What am I?
Answer: A Match.
9. Riddle: What do you get when you cross a black cat and a lemon?
Answer: A Sour Puss.
Related: Dark Riddles
10. Riddle: If there is a Yellow house on Bluebird Lane, a Green House on Orange Street, a Pink house on Kitten Road, a Black House on Whitehorse Pike, and a Purple house on Firebird hill, where is the White House?
Answer: Washington, D.C.
11. Riddle: You get 2 clues to this riddle. 1. It can be green, black, or even sweet. 2. It sounds like a letter. What is it?
12. Riddle: I am not a person or an animal. I was born from the death of something large and hot. I am capable of consuming anything and everything. I am very dark and exist in a place where there is no gravity. What am I?
Answer: A black hole.
13. Riddle: Duels of good and evil, A fighter of good am I, Revealed beside watched words, King of the black night sky. What am I?
Answer: The dark.
14. Riddle: Dark with white markings, smooth like a rock. Where learning occurs, I help convey thought. What am I?
15. Riddle: With three eyes and a black as night, I frequently knock down ten men with a single strike! What am I?
Answer: A Bowling ball.
16. Riddle: Tear off one and scratch its head, what was red is now black instead. What is It?
Answer: A Matchstick!
17. Riddle: Dead on the field lie ten soldiers in white, felled by three eyes, black as night. What happened?
Answer: A strike was thrown in 10-pin bowling.
18. Riddle: The king of the jungle, rare as gold, black as night, in light not there and night not seen. Goes in water, goes on trees, goes in caves, goes on the ground. Claws of knives, teeth of swords, the roar of death but silent as a mouse. What is it?
Answer: A black panther (black jaguar)
19. Riddle: What 3 common songs have the same melody?
Answer: Baa Baa Black Sheep twinkle twinkle little star and the Alphabet song! wow kid songs
20. Riddle: What do you call a tavern of blackbirds?
Answer: A crowbar.
Related: Dirty Riddles
21. Riddle: I'm blue at day and black at night; I do contain some creatures born and died. What am I?
Answer: Sea water.
22. Riddle: I always point in the right direction. My instructions are written in black and white. Disobey me and pay the consequences. I will never say more than two words at a time. What am I?
Answer: A "One Way" sign!
23. Riddle: I'm as plain to see as black & white. I prefer to roam about at night. Just don't attack or startle me. Or odiferous emissions may result you see. I'm an omnivore yes it's true. But what's my name tell me do?
Answer: I am a skunk!
24. Riddle: Sometimes I am black, sometimes I am white sometimes you can see me at night. I have friends that are with me that are much smaller. Some of you have walked on me but not all. What am I?
Answer: The Moon.
25. Riddle: Blacker than black, colder than cold, some things out here are worth more than gold. What is it?
Related: Space Riddles
26. Riddle: I come in many colors, but folks prefer me in black or blue, also be careful not to misspell my name with the letter "i". What am I?
Answer: I am a PEN!
27. Riddle: I am missing from every emotion, the alpha of the black and white herd. I am the end of the written notion, and yet I am the least used in a word. What am I?
Answer: The letter Z. No emotion contains the letter z zebras are a herd of black and white and their alpha(first) letter is z The end of the written notion(the alphabet) is the letter z The letter z is statistically the least used letter.
28. Riddle: I am black of the eye and bright of hair. I fast into the ground and follow my lord as he races around the world. What am I?
Answer: I'm a Sunflower.
29. Riddle: What insect does a blacksmith manufacture?
Answer: He makes the firefly.
30. Riddle: A girl was holding something in her hand. With her other hand, she picked up a regular black pen and wrote on the object in her hand. When she let go of the object, the writing shrunk and became more solid. What was the object?
Answer: An untied balloon
Related: Fire Riddles
31. Riddle: What kind of music does a blacksmith like?
Answer: Heavy metal!
32. Riddle: How many black beans will make five white ones?
Answer: Five when peeled.
33. Riddle: What insect does a blacksmith manufacture?
Answer: He makes the firefly.
34. Riddle: Black within, red without, with four corners, roundabout. What is it?
Answer: A chimney.
35. Riddle: What's black and white and red all over?
Answer: A zebra with a sunburn.
36. Riddle: Don't burn me I'll be crusty and black, but butter me and I'll be greasy and wack. What am I?
37. Riddle: What goes in the water red, and comes out black?
38. Riddle: Slam slam slam all day long slam slam slam some fast, some slow something solid. flat and sturdy its friend lights up the night and is sensitive to the eye slam slam slam A through Z 1,2,3 black as night. What am I?
Answer: A Computer keyboard.
39. Riddle: I am sometimes green, I am sometimes yellow and green. When I'm green, I have many white babies inside me; and when yellow and green, I have many black babies inside of me, and is sweet. What am I?
40. Riddle: I'm sometimes white, Although sometimes I'm black. I take you there But never bring you back. What am I?
Answer: I'm a Hearse.
Related: Murder Riddles
41. Riddle: What do you get when you cross Beyonce with a black hole?
Answer: A single-lady-ty (singularity/single lady)
42. Riddle: What game has a black dragon?
Answer: Skool of dragons.
43. Riddle: You have 14 brown socks, 14 blue socks, and 14 black socks in your sock drawer. How many socks must you remove (without looking to be sure) to have a matched pair?
Answer: Four. You will have a pair of one color or another.
44. Riddle: I am a tick, and I am usually black or white, You will find me in many clothing, People think I am cool. What am I?
Answer: The Nike Symbol.
45. Riddle: Out of 100 ladies attending the gala,85 had a white handbag;75 had black shoes;60 carried an umbrella;90 wore a ring; How many ladies must have had all four items?
Answer: 10 Divide by 3. All the ladies had three items. The remainder shows the number of ladies who had 4. 85756090______310 / 3 = 100 + 10 remainder
46. Riddle: Why do black sheep eat less than white sheep?
Answer: Because there are fewer black sheep in the world than white.
47. Riddle: The land was white the seed was black It'll take a good scholar to riddle me that. What am I?
Answer: An eye or an eyeball
48. Riddle: Black I am and much admired, men seek me until they're tired. When they find me, they break my head and take from me my resting bed. What am I?