40+ Cat Riddles Jokes and Brain Teasers with Answers
Solve the top rated cat related riddles, joke and brain teasers from Riddles.com
Cat Riddles - Riddles About Cats
Funny cat riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best cat riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: When is it bad luck to see a black cat? Answer: When you are a mouse.
2. Riddle: I act like a cat, I look like a cat, Yet I am not a cat. What am I? Answer: Kitten.
3. Riddle: While on my way to St. Ives, I saw a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kitten, cats, sacks, wives, How many were going to St. Ives? Answer: Just one, me.
4. Riddle: If 5 cats catch 5 mice in 5 minutes, how long will it take one cat to catch a mouse? Answer: Five minutes.
5. Riddle: I'm found in socks, scarves, and mittens. I'm found in the paws of playful kittens. What am I? Answer: Yarn.
6. Riddle: All of Mrs. Smith's pets are dogs except one, and all her pets are cats except one. How many cats and dogs does she have? Answer: Mrs. Smith has one cat and one dog.
7. Riddle: What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat? Answer: Chicago. The first three words out of seven of chicken is CHI, the first two words out of 3 of cat is CA, and the first two words out of goat is GO. Therefore making, (CHI)(CA)(GO).
8. Riddle: What happens after it rains cats and dogs? Answer: You step in a poodle.
9. Riddle: What do you get when you cross a black cat and a lemon? Answer: A Sour Puss.
10. Riddle: If there is a Yellow house on Bluebird Lane, a Green house on Orange Street, a Pink house on Kitten Road, a Black house on Whitehorse Pike and a Purple house on Firebird hill, where is the White house? Answer: Washington, D.C.
11. Riddle: Inside napper, bird chaser, quick stoker, small animal killer, fish eater. What is it? Answer: A cat.
12. Riddle: 10 copycats were sitting in a car. One came out. How many are left? Answer: None( as they were copycats they copied each other).
13. Riddle: What word doesn't belong in this group? That, hat, what, mat, cat, sat, pat, or chat? Answer: What. It's pronounced differently; all of the others rhyme.
14. Riddle: Where did the cat go after losing its tail? Answer: To the re-tail store.
15. Riddle: If three cats catch three mice in three minutes, how many cats would be needed to catch 100 mice in 100 minutes? Answer: The same three cats would do. Since these three cats are averaging one mouse per minute, given 100 minutes, the cats could catch 100 mice.
16. Riddle: What do you call Santa for cats? Answer: Santa paws.
17. Riddle: When is the worst weather for rats and mice? Answer: When it rains cats and dogs.
18. Riddle: What do cats call mice on a skateboard? Answer: Meals on wheels!
19. Riddle: I am one with eight to spare, lest I lose my one. I'm not a number. What am I? Answer: A Cat. ( Nine Lives )
20. Riddle: Why was the cat thrown out of the card game? Answer: Because he was a Cheetah!
21. Riddle: Why was the cat sitting at the computer? Answer: It was keeping an eye on the mouse.
22. Riddle: What side of a cat has the most fur? Answer: The outside.
23. Riddle: Forward I catch fish, backward I am the tenth of numbers. What am I? Answer: Net.
24. Riddle: The ghost of the mountain never to be seen, leaps like a raging fire to catch his prey. As pale as the moon but fast as the wind. Cold as ice, but a flash of light in the night. What is it? Answer: A snow leopard.
25. Riddle: Give a name to a cat and it will call itself. What is the name? Answer: Meeoow is the name.
26. Riddle: What do you call a cat that gets anything it wants? Answer: Purr-suasive
27. Riddle: What happens when a cat meets with a tragic accident? Answer: A cat-astrophy!
28. Riddle: What sneaks through doors and windows without knocking? What heats an unlit stove? What gives the cat a snug place to rest? Answer: The sun!
29. Riddle: Stealthy as a shadow in the dead of night, Cunning but affectionate if given a bite. Never owned but often loved. In my sport considered cruel, But that's because you never know me at all. What am I? Answer: A cat.
30. Riddle: I am covered with three layers, two of them can be very sensitive, my layers can cover me in a heartbeat or a long time. What am I? Answer: A cat's eye.
31. Riddle: Why is green grass like a mouse? Answer: Green grass is like a mouse because the cattle eat it (cat’ll eat it).
32. Riddle: Why didn't the cat want to speak about his problems? Answer: Because it's purr-sonal information!
33. Riddle: Tom can pet lions. What is the anagrammed word? Answer: Contemplation.
34. Riddle: Cat, horse, monkey; Hat, sombrero, Cappello; Sheep, wool, haggis; Dairy, blueberry, cherry; Television, computer, phone; Which set of words doesn't belong? Answer: Dairy, blueberry, cherry; All sets of words have a common theme, but this set of words is the only one that rhymes.
35. Riddle: There's a land where there are mummies and daddies but no babies. Books but no libraries. Mirrors but no reflections. Kittens but no cats. Cattle but no cows. Lollipops but no candy and trees but no forests. It's the land of what? Answer: The land of double letters.
36. Riddle: What animal has more lives than a cat? Answer: A frog, he croaks every night!
37. Riddle: Who was the most famous cat in the wild west? Answer: Kit-ty Carson.
39. Riddle: My first is in chocolate but not in ham, my second's in cake and also in jam, my third at tea-time is easily found, my whole is a friend who's often around. What am I? Answer: A Cat!
40. Riddle: Cleopatra and Anthony were near a fish bowl and somehow they died. What happened? Answer: Cleopatra and Anthony were fish and a cat knocked over their fish bowl and since fish can't survive without water they died!!
41. Riddle: If it takes four rat catchers four minutes to kill four rats, how many rat catchers would be needed to catch 50 rats in 50 minutes? Answer: The same number of rat-catchers: Four.
42. Riddle: If seven cats kill seven rats in 7 minutes, how many would be needed to kill one hundred rats in 50 minutes? Answer: 14.
43. Riddle: How many cats are in a small room if in each of the four corners a cat is sitting, and opposite each cat there sit three cats, and on each cat's tail another is sitting? Answer: Four cats, each near a tail of a cat in an adjacent corner.