Funny Religion riddles from the original Riddles website. These are religious riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: I'm a god, a planet, and a measurer of heat. Who am I?
2. Riddle: There was a man who was born before his father, killed his mother, and married his sister. Yet, there was nothing wrong with what he had done. Why?
Answer: His father was in front of him when he was born, therefore he was born before him. His mother died while giving birth to him. Finally, he grew up to be a minister and married his sister at her ceremony.
3. Riddle: Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?
4. Riddle: What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their politics or religion, agree is between heaven and earth?
Answer: The word 'And'.
5. Riddle: What is Greater than God, worse than evil, the poor have it, the rich require it and if you eat it you die?
Answer: Nothing nothing is better than God nothing is worse than evil the poor have nothing the rich don't have anything they have everything If you eat nothing you die
6. Riddle: Used to threaten, used to defeat. Sometimes it grows, and sometimes it shrinks. Used to conquer, used to protect. It marks your downfall, it marks your success. The true god of war, the creator of mess. What is it?
7. Riddle: How does Moses make his coffee?
Answer: Hebrews it.
8. Riddle: I am more powerful than god and more evil than the devil. I am what rich people want and what poor people have. I can never die. What am I?
Answer: I am nothing.
9. Riddle: Does the Christian religion allow a man to marry his widow's sister?
Answer: A dead man cannot marry. His widow would mean he is dead.
10. Riddle: I am everywhere yet not seen; I was dead yet I'm alive; a Son to a man who is dead yet a Son to One Who's forever alive; suffered, not for myself but for others. I have disproved many beliefs and many laws. Who am I?
Answer: Jesus Christ.
11. Riddle: I'm the person that God made me. I'm caring. I'm nice. I love my family. I'm myself. Who am I?
Answer: I'm a human being.
12. Riddle: What would you say in everyone in the US Sneezed at the same time?
Answer: God bless America!
13. Riddle: Some people want to meet me, some people don't believe in me, and some people claim to be me. What am I?
14. Riddle: I'm teary-eyed but never cry, silver-tongued, but never lie. double-winged, but never fly, air-cooled, but never dry. What am I?
Answer: Mercury. The element looks shiny, silver, and wet. The god Mercury has two wings but only uses them to run.
15. Riddle: Priest-tied guitar. What is the anagrammed word?
16. Riddle: In this place, people lie, people cry, and people ask why. In this place, people sleep, people, weep, and people's solitude, they keep. What is it?
Answer: "Graveyard" or "Cemetery" - Reasoning: Both "people lie" and "people sleep" are indications of many people using this place to lie down, or to sleep, which in itself is an odd thought. Crying and weeping indicate that this is a sad place, and the continued use of "people" allows this to mean not just those who are lying down or sleeping, but those who come to visit them there, (i.e. mourners). People come to ask the person's grave why they did what they did that resulted in their death, as a form of mourning, or to ask their chosen God or Gods why they took that person to their grave. And peoples solitude refers to people sleeping on their own, or the mourners usually coming the mourn privately.
17. Riddle: Why couldn't the church steeple keep a secret?
Answer: Because the bell always tolled.
18. Riddle: The rich want it, but the poor have it, god takes it, satin gives it?
19. Riddle: I'm greater than God, yet worse than the devil. I am what the miser spends and the spendthrift saves. I am what the blind see and the paralyzed hold. What am I?
20. Riddle: What do you call a priest riding a cycle?
Answer: A cyclist.
Related: Priest Riddles
21. Riddle: I am a holiday, of course, celebrated in December, I am celebrated until New Year, People who celebrate me are considered Evil by many Religions, what am I?
Answer: I am Yule!
22. Riddle: What Jewish king a leper died?
Answer: Uzziah—2 Chron. xxvi. 21.
23. Riddle: Endlessly, I hunger, Lazily, I sleep. Murderous, I thunder, Desires, I do seek. Hoarding countless treasures, so my stature I retain, Envious of others whose feet on Earth remain. What am I?
Answer: "The Seven Deadly Sins" - Reasoning: Each sentence structure portrays one of the seven deadly sins from Christian theology, with the exception of the final 5 words. In order according to the riddle, these are; gluttony, sloth, wrath, lust, greed, pride, and envy. The final 5 words, "whose feet on Earth remain", act in conjunction with the section on envy, demonstrating the perspective of a sinner in hell, who is envious of those still alive, and thus can still repent for their sins in order to enter Heaven.
24. Riddle: First is the last. Last is the first. You are in the middle. What am I?
Answer: CH UR CH CHURCH.
25. Riddle: On which side of a church is the graveyard always situated?
Answer: On the outside, of course.
Related: Graveyard Riddles
26. Riddle: Why is orange not like a church bell?
Answer: Because it is never peeled (pealed) but once.
27. Riddle: My love's the type of thing you have to earn, but when you earn it, you won't need it. Who am I?
Answer: God. Credit: Bo Burnham, Musical Comedian, Song title- "God's Perspective".
28. Riddle: Gods' arrows cannot be counted. What are they?
29. Riddle: A woman who lives in new york legally married three men, she did not get divorced, get an enrollment, or is legally separated. How is this possible?
Answer: She is a minister.
30. Riddle: There were five men going to church and it started to rain. The four that ran got wet and the one that stood still stayed dry. How did the one stay dry?
Answer: It was a body in a coffin with the bearers.
Related: Church Riddles
31. Riddle: Read my riddle, I pray. What God never sees, what the king seldom sees, and what we see every day. What is it?
Answer: An equal.
Like these animal riddles? Also check riddle categories, quizzes, rebus puzzles, or just search for a riddle using a keyword or phrase.