Funny planet riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best planet riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for school and classroom activities. Entertain your classmates or share with your friends.
1. Riddle: Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
Answer: Mount Everest.
2. Riddle: I'm a god, a planet, and a measurer of heat. Who am I?
3. Riddle: A cloud was my mother, the wind is my father, my son is the cool stream, and my daughter is the fruit of the land. A rainbow is my bed, the earth my final resting place, and I'm the torment of man. Who Am I?
4. Riddle: How does NASA throw a party?
Answer: They planet.
5. Riddle: Here on earth it is true, yesterday is always before today; but there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where?
Answer: The Dictionary.
6. Riddle: What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their politics or religion, agree is between heaven and earth?
Answer: The word 'And'.
7. Riddle: What is always traveling, has life, has sense but doesn't live?
Answer: The Earth!
8. Riddle: I come right in front of Earth, at the end of time, and twice in a week. What am I?
Answer: The letter E.
9. Riddle: How can we tell that Saturn was married more than once?
Answer: Because she has so many rings!
10. Riddle: I'm first on earth, second in heaven, I appear twice in a week, and once in a year, I'm in the middle of the Sea. What am I?
Answer: The letter E.
11. Riddle: Why did Mickey Mouse go to space?
Answer: To look for Pluto!
12. Riddle: What is made of wood but no saw on earth is sharp enough to cut?
13. Riddle: I blossom like a flower, a hindrance I create, and save you from the earth, do not use me too late. What am I?
Answer: A Parachute.
14. Riddle: The higher I climb, the hotter I engage, I can not escape my crystal cage. What am I?
Answer: Mercury in a thermometer.
15. Riddle: I welcome the day with a show of light, I steathily came here in the night. I bathe the earthy stuff at dawn, But by the noon, alas! I'm gone. What am I?
Answer: The morning dew!
16. Riddle: I begin the earth and end the eclipse, I occur in seconds and minutes, but never in a hand although I am in a lifetime. What am I?
Answer: Letter E.
17. Riddle: What do cows give after an earthquake?
Answer: Milk shakes.
18. Riddle: I am hewn from Earth and Fire; But to the sky, I aspire. I am nothing but contented; Until my patient rage is vented. What am I?
Answer: A volcano.
19. Riddle: I am in the beginning of the earth. I am at the end of time. I appear two times in a week. I appear once in a year. What Am I ?
Answer: The Letter "E".
20. Riddle: Many always do say that I am life. I occupy most part of the earth surface, yet I'm found in you. What am I?
21. Riddle: Inside me, there is a teacup, a planet, a shelf, and you! What Am I?
Answer: The Universe!
Related: Universe Riddles
22. Riddle: Test Mars. What is the anagram word?
23. Riddle: Fire is often maintained above me, and if you remove my first letter, you will find the home shared by everyone you have ever known. What am I?
Answer: A Hearth.
24. Riddle: I'm mean, I'm green, I am an eating machine. What am I?
Answer: A Venus Flytrap.
25. Riddle: It is everywhere yet nowhere and time mars it not. All things are within its grasp and it is within the grasp of all things. It has no limits, for it does and does not exist. What is it?
26. Riddle: I'm teary-eyed but never cry, silver-tongued, but never lie. double-winged, but never fly, air-cooled, but never dry. What am I?
Answer: Mercury. The element looks shiny, silver, and is wet. The god Mercury has two wings but only uses them to run.
Related: Mercury Riddles
27. Riddle: I lie in the earth, and under the ground; A map may reveal me for journey's abound; I can be found in squares, to reduce down to size; Or at the end of a strand, where attachment lies. What am I?
28. Riddle: Stronger than any beast, Rougher than any sea. Steadier than a favorable wind, and of me, none shall be free. What am I?
Answer: I am Earth.
29. Riddle: I am named for my fleeting motion. Numbered zero and four score more. A barren desert and a heavy ocean. One is flowing, the other a solid core. Who are we?
Answer: Mercury and mercury.
30. Riddle: I shake but unlike the strength of an earthquake. You can find me both high and low, usually out of control. I can be considered both good or bad, sometimes used for both happy or sad. What am I?
Answer: Singing Pitch.
Related: Earthquake Riddles
31. Riddle: My first is appropriate, my second 'tis nine to one if you guess it. My whole elevates the sole above the earth. What am I?
32. Riddle: What can emit an umbra on the earth, and provide phosphorescence for all its creatures, all while altering the visual surface of itself within phases?
Answer: The moon.
33. Riddle: Endlessly, I hunger, Lazily, I sleep. Murderous, I thunder, Desires, I do seek. Hoarding countless treasures, so my stature I retain, Envious of others whose feet on Earth remain. What am I?
Answer: "The Seven Deadly Sins" - Reasoning: Each sentence structure portrays one of the seven deadly sins from Christian theology, with the exception of the final 5 words. In order according to the riddle, these are; gluttony, sloth, wrath, lust, greed, pride and envy. The final 5 words, "whose feet on Earth remain", act in conjunction with the section on envy, demonstrating the perspective of a sinner in hell, who is envious of those still alive, and thus can still repent for their sins in order to enter Heaven.
34. Riddle: Which is lighter, the sun or the earth?
Answer: The sun, rises every morning.
35. Riddle: One-fourth of the population of a newly discovered planet has 4 legs. The rest have two legs. There are 60 legs in total. How big is the population of the newly discovered planet?
36. Riddle: What is the best way to get from earth to mars?
Related: Mars Riddles
37. Riddle: Where on Earth do the winds always blow from the South?
Answer: The North Pole.
38. Riddle: A forest exists somewhere on Earth. This forest has no life except for trees. After a storm, a tree was hit by lightning and fell. What sound would it make?
Answer: None. Sound does not exist if it is unheard.
Like these riddles? Also check riddle categories, quizzes, rebus puzzles, or just search for a riddle using a keyword or phrase.