Funny bird riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best bird riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: There are 30 cows in a field, and 28 chickens. How many didn't?
Answer: 10. Listen closely: 30 cows and twenty-eight chickens. Say EIGHT and ATE. They sound the same. Therefore, it means 20 ATE chickens. 30-20=10, so 10 cows didn't eat any chickens.
2. Riddle: It has a long neck, a name of a bird, feeds on ships cargo, and is not alive. What is it?
Answer: A crane.
3. Riddle: Which bird does not belong in this group? Finch, gull, eagle, ostrich, or sparrow?
Answer: The Ostrich. It's the only bird that doesn't fly.
4. Riddle: There are 2 ducks in front of 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks behind 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks beside 2 other ducks. How many ducks are there?
Answer: Just four, in a square formation.
5. Riddle: Why did the turkey cross the road?
Answer: To prove he wasn't chicken.
6. Riddle: If a chicken says, "All chickens are liars". Is the chicken telling the truth?
Answer: Answer: Chickens cannot talk.
7. Riddle: I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?
Answer: A shadow.
8. Riddle: Why did the scarecrow win so many awards?
Answer: He was out-standing in his field!
9. Riddle: What bird is always out of breath?
Answer: A puffin.
10. Riddle: If it takes 5 microwaves and 5 minutes to cook 5 chickens, how long does it take 100 microwaves to cook 100 chickens?
Answer: 5 minutes. We can assume that one chicken is placed in each microwave and that each chicken takes 5 minutes to cook.
11. Riddle: I'm like a doll, But I'm not for playing; I stand up straight, but if windy I may be laying; I'm well-known and famous for having no brain; I work outside both day and night in sunshine or in rain. What am I?
Answer: A Scarecrow.
12. Riddle: What was never scared but became petrified, can't make a bird but can make a bat, can't live in a house but would die to have one. What is it?
Answer: A tree.
13. Riddle: Why do chickens lay eggs?
Answer: Because if they drop them, they will break.
14. Riddle: What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?
Answer: Chicago. The first three words out of seven of chicken is CHI, the first two words out of 3 of cat is CA, and the first two words out of goat is GO. Therefore making, (CHI)(CA)(GO).
15. Riddle: If there are fifteen crows on a fence and the farmer shoots a third of them, how many crows are left?
Answer: None. The rest of the crows flew away when they heard the gunshot.
16. Riddle: Forward and forward I go, never looking back. My limit no one knows, more of me do they lack. Like a river, I do flow, and as an eagle, I fly. Now can you guess, what am I?
Answer: Time. I am time!
17. Riddle: Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a penguin's egg. Why not?
Answer: Penguins only live in Antarctica.
18. Riddle: If there is a Yellow house on Bluebird Lane, a Green house on Orange Street, a Pink house on Kitten Road, a Black house on Whitehorse Pike and a Purple house on Firebird hill, where is the White house?
Answer: Washington, D.C.
19. Riddle: What bird can be heard at mealtimes?
Answer: A swallow.
20. Riddle: There are ten birds sitting on a fence. You shoot one. How many are left?
Answer: None are left. All the others are scared away because of the gunshot.
21. Riddle: What did the scientist get when he crossed a chicken and a cow?
Answer: Roost beef.
22. Riddle: What do you get if you cross a hen with a guitar?
Answer: A chicken that plucks itself.
23. Riddle: What do you call a sticky crow?
Answer: Vel-Crow (Velcro).
24. Riddle: Inside napper, bird chaser, quick stoker, small animal killer, fish eater. What is it?
Answer: A cat.
25. Riddle: What do you call a chicken with bad sunburn?
Answer: Fried Chicken.
26. Riddle: Where do penguins keep their money?
Answer: In a snow bank!
27. Riddle: What happened when the rubber duckie fell into the bathtub?
Answer: It quacked up.
28. Riddle: What do you call a crate of ducks?
Answer: A box of quakers!
29. Riddle: How does a penguin build houses?
Answer: Igloos it together.
30. Riddle: White bird, featherless, flyin' out o' paradise, flyin' over sea and land, dyin' in my hand. What is it?
Answer: A snowflake!
314. Riddle: Why did the chicken cross the road twice, and jump in the mud?
Answer: He was a dirty double-crosser.
32. Riddle: What do you call a tavern of blackbirds?
Answer: A crowbar.
Answer: 1. Finland 2. The Canary Islands 3. The Dead Sea 4. Turkey 5. Cuba 6. The Florida Keys
34. Riddle: What bird is very rude?
Answer: Mocking bird.
35. Riddle: What kind of bird writes?
Answer: A pen-guin.
36. Riddle: I can't see yet I know you're there. I'm not a cow but I'm leather. I'm a rare find but follow paths. I can fly but I'm not a bird. What am I?
Answer: A bat.
37. Riddle: I make the leaves green, I make the dirt brown, I make the bluebirds blue, I make all of your dreams come true. What am I?
Answer: A box of crayons.
38. Riddle: Why do birds fly south?
Answer: Because it's too far to walk.
39. Riddle: A mouse, a squirrel, a duck, a chicken, and an elephant are sitting on the side of the road. Someone offers them a lift, but one prefers to stay. Who preferred to stay?
Answer: The Elephant Stayed. If you didn't know, elephants are scared of mice.
40. Riddle: Why did the sheriff arrest the chicken?
Answer: It used fowl language
41. Riddle: A duck arrives near a lake. He sees a sign where it is written "No swimming allowed.", but the duck jumps into the water. Why?
Answer: Because ducks can't read.
42. Riddle: Why was the chicken forbidden from sending e-mails?
Answer: Because he kept using fowl language.
43. Riddle: They can trickle down, They can tickle too. Or make you sneeze, Or comfort you. Their rustling sound, you've rarely heard, Unless you're a pillow or a bird! What are they?
Answer: They are feathers.
44. Riddle: Why did Mama Duck scold her goslings?
Answer: For eating quackers in bed.
45. Riddle: How do chickens like to dance?
Answer: Chick to chick
46. Riddle: Under no circumstances compute the number of your barnyard fowl previous to their incubation. What is the proverb?
Answer: Do not count your chickens before they hatch.
47. Riddle: I have a house with no doors no windows, nothing. If I want to get out I break the wall. Who am I?
Answer: Chicken as if it wants to come out breaks the wall.
48. Riddle: What time does a duck get up?
Answer: At the quack of dawn.
49. Riddle: A feathered Biped in the terminal part of the arm equals in value a pair of feathered bipeds in densely branched shrubbery. What is the proverb?
Answer: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
50. Riddle: Why did the duck get fired from his Easter job?
Answer: He kept quacking the eggs.
52. Riddle: This thing all things devours: Birds, beasts, trees, flowers; Gnaws iron, bites steel; Grinds hard stones to meal; Slays king, ruins town, And beats high mountain down. What am I?
52. Riddle: What do you call two birds that are in love?
53. Riddle: What do you get when you cross a parrot with a centipede?
Answer: A walkie-talkie.
54. Riddle: Why did the eagle not fly over the sea?
Answer: Because if it flew over the sea it will be a seagull.
55. Riddle: Birds of a feather flock together. What is the contradictory proverb?
Answer: Opposites attract.
56. Riddle: How did the chicken manage to pay for, 'A de Luxe' roost?
Answer: By Higher Perchase.
57. Riddle: Why was the Easter egg hiding?
Answer: It was a little chicken!
58. Riddle: Why are the rates at the bird hotel so much higher than other 4-star hotels?
Answer: Toucan stay for one!
59. Riddle: What does a chicken say instead of good?
60. Riddle: Twenty-seven ducks are going to the pond. Five of them got lost, thirteen of them are staying home, and nine of them are at the pond. Where are the rest of them?
Answer: There aren't any anywhere else.
61. Riddle: A fast-food restaurant sells chicken in orders of 6,9 and 20. What's the largest number of pieces of chicken you cannot order from the restaurant?
Answer: 43 is the last number that doesn't fall into these categories.
62. Riddle: Can one bird change a light bulb?
Answer: No, but toucan!
63. Riddle: Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Answer: Because, if it had four it would be a sedan.
64. Riddle: What did the parrot say on the 4th of July?
Answer: "Poly wants a firecracker!"
65. Riddle: What does the cow say when he agrees with the duck?
Answer: The feeling is mootual.
66. Riddle: What animal would you get crossed a duck, a beaver, and an otter?
Answer: A platypus.
67. Riddle: What kind of can never needs a can-opener?
Answer: A toucan!
68. Riddle: Why did the woolly mammoth cross the road?
Answer: Because there were no chickens in the ice age!
69. Riddle: There are 10 birds on a branch, a man shot 5 of them. How many were left?
Answer: Zero, because when birds see someone coming or hear something they fly away.
70. Riddle: NASA was considering sending canaries into space to study them under zero gravity. The project was scrapped when someone realized that in spite of having sufficient water supplies, they could die of dehydration within a few hours. Why?
Answer: Birds, unlike humans, need gravity to swallow. Humans can swallow even while hanging upside down.
71. Riddle: What are the freedom of birds and the pen of old men?
Answer: Feathers. Feathers make up a bird's wings, giving it flight or freedom. Quill pens were used by men in older times.
72. Riddle: What do you get when you cross Santa Claus and a duck?
Answer: A Christmas quacker.
73. Riddle: Why don't chickens play baseball?
Answer: Because they hit fowl balls.
74. Riddle: Why did the chicken cross the playground?
Answer: To get to the other slide!
75. Riddle: In what place did the rooster crow when all the world heard him?
Answer: In Noah's Ark.
76. Riddle: A bird has a head 9cm long. The tail is equal to the size of the head plus half of the size of the body. The body is the size of the head plus the tail. How long is the bird?
Answer: 72cm. Th head is 9cm. The tail is 18 + 9= 27cm. The body is 9 + 18 + 9= 36cm. 9 + 27 + 36= 72cm.
77. Riddle: A large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long. The bridge can only hold 14000 lbs, which is the exact weight of the truck. The truck makes it halfway across the bridge and stops. A bird lands on the truck. Does the bridge collapse?
Answer: No, it does not collapse. Because it has driven a half-mile - you would subtract the gas used from the total weight of the truck.
78. Riddle: What kind of can never needs a can-opener?
Answer: A pelican!
79. Riddle: A great banquet was prepared for a Roman emperor and his courtiers. 22 Dormice, 40 Larks' Tongues, 30 Flamingos, and 40 Roast Parrots were served. How many portions of Boiled Ostrich were served?
Answer: 42. Each vowel is worth 2 and each consonant 4, so Dormice gives 22, etc.