Funny dog riddles from the original Riddles website. These are the best dog riddles, jokes, and brain teasers for kids and families. Entertain your siblings or share riddles with your friends.
1. Riddle: If there are four sheep, two dogs, and one herds-men, how many feet are there?
Answer: Two. Sheep have hooves; dogs have paws; only people have feet.
2. Riddle: All of Mrs. Smith's pets are dogs except one, and all her pets are cats except one. How many cats and dogs does she have?
Answer: Mrs. Smith has one cat and one dog.
3. Riddle: How can you tell the difference between dogs and trees?
Answer: By their bark.
4. Riddle: What animal keeps the best time?
Answer: A Watchdog.
5. Riddle: To you, rude would I never be, Though I flag my tongue for all to see. What am I?
Answer: A dog!
6. Riddle: If a dog is tied to a piece of rope that is 6m long, how can he reach a bone that is 7m away?
Answer: The other end is not tied to anything.
7. Riddle: Stranger: Does your dog bite? Farmer: Nope. All of a sudden the dog bites the stranger on the leg. Yet the farmer was telling the truth! How can this be?
Answer: It was not the farmer's dog!
8. Riddle: There are 10 dogs in a yard. 3 go out, 4 run behind a tree, and 2 jump in the hole. How many are left?
Answer: 10. Because none of them left the yard.
9. Riddle: What happens after it rains cats and dogs?
Answer: You step in a poodle.
10. Riddle: What type of dogs do scientists have?
Answer: Laboratory retrievers.
11. Riddle: Two dogs are sitting on a porch - a fat dog and a thin dog. The little dog is the son of the fat dog, but the fat dog is not the father of the thin dog. Can you explain?
Answer: The fat dog is the mother.
12. Riddle: A man is on one side of a river, his dog on the other. The man calls his dog, who immediately crossed the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the dog do it?
Answer: The river was frozen.
13. Riddle: What do you get when you cross a dog and a clock?
Answer: Lots and lots of tics!
14. Riddle: What is the smallest sentence with all letters in the English alphabet?
Answer: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
15. Riddle: What type of dog does a vampire have?
Answer: A Bloodhound!
16. Riddle: Walk on the living, they don't even mumble. Walk on the dead, they mutter and grumble. What are they?
Answer: Fallen leaves.
17. Riddle: When is the worst weather for rats and mice?
Answer: When it rains cats and dogs.
18. Riddle: What kind of dog does Dracula have?
Answer: A blood-hound.
19. Riddle: What is a dog's name with one letter and one number?
Answer: K9 (canine).
20. Riddle: A guy bet his neighbor 50 bucks that his dog could jump higher than a house. Thinking this was not possible, the neighbor took the bet and lost. Why did he lose the bet?
Answer: a house cannot jump!
21. Riddle: How does a dog stop the VCR?
Answer: He uses the PAWS button.
22. Riddle: What wears a coat all year round?
Answer: A dog.
23. Riddle: You're never too old to learn. What is the contradictory proverb?
Answer: You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
24. Riddle: How far can a dog run into the woods?
Answer: Halfway, any farther and he would be running out of the woods.
25. Riddle: What is more amazing than a talking dog?
Answer: A spelling bee
26. Riddle: What animal keeps the best time?
Answer: A Watchdog
27. Riddle: Where should you put a noisy dog?
Answer: In a barking lot!
28. Riddle: Why don't dogs make good dancers?
Answer: Because they have two left feet.
29. Riddle: What happens to the dog when it stands in front of the hot sun?
Answer: It becomes a hotdog.
30. Riddle: How do veterinarians swim laps?
Answer: They dog paddle.
31. Riddle: What do these three things have in common: Diamonds, Dogs, and Double plays?
Answer: They're all best friends. A diamond is a girl's best friend, a dog is a man's best friend, and a double play is a pitcher's best friend.
32. Riddle: How can you say - "Robert and Richard Purchased A Rottweiler" without using any Rs?
Answer: Bob and Dick bought a dog.
33. Riddle: Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What am I?
Answer: A cow.
34. Riddle: When is a dog's tail not a tail?
Answer: When it's a wagon.
35. Riddle: Why did the skeleton climb up the tree?
Answer: Because the dog was after his bones.
36. Riddle: A dog leash is attached to a dog and is 3.2 meters long. A bone is 7.8 meters away from the dog. How does the dog get the bone?
Answer: It simply walks to the bone!
37. Riddle: What does a dog become when it walks from Britain to Spain?
38. Riddle: How do you put nine dogs in eight kennels?
Answer: Eight kennels. "N", "I", "N", "E", "D", "O", "G", "S"
39. Riddle: I'm like a dog with the tail that wags and all but am not a dog. What am I?
Answer: I am a puppy.
40. Riddle: Forward I am an animal, but backward I am one who no man can ever see. What am I?
Answer: I am a dog.
41. Riddle: What would you name your dogs Rolex and Timex?
Answer: If you needed some watchdogs!
42. Riddle: Why was the dog kicked out of the flea circus?
Answer: Because he stole the show!
43. Riddle: Which has more tails? A. 1 Dog B. 2 Dogs C. 3 Dogs D. No Dog
Answer: D. No Dog NO dog has more tails!
44. Riddle: Name three things that? 1. Are red 2. Can swim 3. Give off heat
Answer: Answers may vary. 1. Apples, Roses, Stop Signs 2. Fish, Dogs, Snakes 3. Sun, Fire, Your body
45. Riddle: A dog had three puppies, named Mopsy, Topsy, and Spot. What was the mother's name?
46. Riddle: Why is it that Snoop Dogg needs an umbrella?
Answer: Because of the drizzle.