Funny riddles for kids from the original Riddles website. These are the best Riddles for Kids, jokes, and brain teasers everyone will enjoy. Entertain your classmates or share with your family. In addition, this list of fun riddles for kids is a subset of our Kids Riddles category, so if you're looking for
1. Riddle: How do you spell COW in thirteen letters?
Answer: SEE O DOUBLE YOU.
2. Riddle: Two fathers and two sons went fishing one day. They were there the whole day and only caught 3 fish. One father said, that is enough for all of us, we will have one each. How can this be possible?
Answer: There was the father, his son, and his son's son. This equals 2 fathers and 2 sons for a total of 3!
Riddles are notorious for being misleading and tricky. The most fun riddles for kids jump-start the cerebral cortex and stimulate outside-of-the-box thinking. This riddle helps kids analyze the vocabulary and focus on what the question is really asking.
3. Riddle: There are two monkeys on a tree and one jumps off. Why does the other monkey jump too?
Answer: Monkey see monkey do.
4. Riddle: There are 30 cows in a field, and 28 chickens. How many didn't?
Answer: 10. Listen closely: 30 cows and twenty-eight chickens. Say EIGHT and ATE. They sound the same. Therefore, it means 20 ATE chickens. 30-20=10, so 10 cows didn't eat any chickens.
5. Riddle: I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I?
Answer: A chick in an egg.
6. Riddle: If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
Answer: Roosters don't lay eggs.
7. Riddle: A pregnant lady named her children: Dominique, Regis, Michelle, Fawn, Sophie, and Lara. What will she name her next child? Jessica, Katie, Abby, or Tilly?
Answer: Tilly. She seems to follow the scale Do, Re, Me, Fa, So, La, and then Ti.
8. Riddle: A father's child, a mother's child, yet no one's son. Who am I?
Answer: The daughter.
9. Riddle: Why did the turkey cross the road?
Answer: To prove he wasn't chicken.
10. Riddle: There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. He has a wife and 2 kids. What does he weigh?
Riddles for kids challenge their understanding of vocabulary and language. This riddle encourages them to analyze the statement and question and deduce the correct answer.
11. Riddle: If a chicken says, "All chickens are liars". Is the chicken telling the truth?
Answer: Answer: Chickens cannot talk.
12. Riddle: A mother has 6 girls and each of them has a brother. How many children are there?
Answer: 7. Each girl has the same brother.
13. Riddle: Why did the kid bring a ladder to school?
Answer: Because he wants to go to High school
14. Riddle: How do you get a baby astronaut to sleep?
Answer: You rock it!
Related: Space Riddles
15. Riddle: How do monkeys make toast?
Answer: They put it under the g-rilla
16. Riddle: If you have two coins which total 35 cents and one of the coins is not a dime, what are the two coins?
Answer: A quarter and a dime. One coin is not a dime, but the other one is.
17. Riddle: If it takes 5 microwaves 5 minutes to cook 5 chickens, how long does it take 100 microwaves to cook 100 chickens?
Answer: 5 minutes. We can assume that one chicken is placed in each microwave and that each chicken takes 5 minutes to cook.
18. Riddle: Where do baby ghosts go while their parents work?
Answer: To day-scare!
Hopefully, riddles for kids aren't too scary for young children. This not-so-scary, fun Halloween riddle uses a play on words to arrive at its answer and should be easy to solve for most youth.
19. Riddle: Why do chickens lay eggs?
Answer: Because if they drop them, they will break.
20. Riddle: Why did Frosty the Snowman ask for a divorce?
Answer: Because his wife was a total flake.
21. Riddle: What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?
Answer: Chicago. The first three words out of seven of chicken are CHI, the first two words out of 3 of cat is CA, and the first two words out of goat is GO. Therefore making, (CHI)(CA)(GO).
22. Riddle: You are a bus driver. Two kids get on and one kid gets off. Five kids get on and four get off. Nine kids get on another one gets off. What color are the bus driver's eyes?
Answer: If your eyes are green, the answer is green. If your eyes are brown, the answer is brown, etc.
23. Riddle: If there are fifteen crows on a fence and the farmer shoots a third of them, how many crows are left?
Answer: None. The rest of the crows flew away when they heard the gunshot.
24. Riddle: Your mom has 4 kids, one named North, another called South, and East. What is the last child's name?
Answer: Your own name, it's your mom, you're part of the 4 children!
25. Riddle: If a papa bull eats three bales of hay and a baby bull eats one bale, how much hay will a mama bull eat?
Answer: Nothing. There is no such thing as a mama bull.
This is a great riddle for kids because it requires them to read carefully and think before solving the riddle.
If you liked this riddle, you might want to check out our list of Animal Riddles.
26. Riddle: If a father frog goes, "Ribbit, ribbit." and a mother frog goes, "Erbit, erbit." how does a baby frog croak?
Answer: It doesn't. A baby frog is a tadpole.
27. Riddle: How was the robot gorilla fixed?
Answer: With a monkey wrench.
Related: Monkey Riddles
28. Riddle: What are three keys that open no doors?
Answer: MonKEYs, donKEYs, and turKeys.
29. Riddle: What did the scientist get when he crossed a chicken and a cow?
Answer: Roost beef.
30. Riddle: What has 4 legs when it is young, 2 legs when it's not old but is about to be, and 3 legs when it is old? What am I?
Answer: I am a human. I crawl on 4 legs when I am a baby I walk on 2 legs when I am an adult, and I have a cane while walking when I am old.
31. Riddle: What do you get if you cross a hen with a guitar?
Answer: A chicken that plucks itself.
This funny riddle for kids is more of a joke than a riddle but it's still enjoyable.
32. Riddle: You can feel me but, I can't feel you. I can uproot trees and tear roofs off their houses. Yet, I can make a Baby sleep and be gentle. I can howl and whisper. I can spread and stop fires. I can toss boats and help them glide too. What am I?
Answer: I am the wind.
33. Riddle: Why can't you play hide-n-seek with chicklets?
Answer: They're always peeping.
34. Riddle: What do you call a chicken with bad sunburn?
Answer: Fried Chicken.
35. Riddle: Tom's mom had four kids: Nickel, Dime, Quarter, and?
36. Riddle: Tricia's mother has 4 kids north, south and east. What is the last child's name?
Situational riddles are fun because kids can substitute the names and the logic remains the same.
37. Riddle: You can have me almost every night, sometimes I could be bad sometimes I can be nice or good, Whether you were a child or an adult I'll be there. What am I?
Answer: Dreams between (Sweet dreams, Nightmare).
Related: Dream Riddles
38. Riddle: A mother had five boys Marco, Tucker, Webster, and Thomas. Was the fifth boy name Frank, Evan, or Alex?
Answer: The answer is Frank. The mother named the kids with the first two letters of the days of the week. Monday is Marco, Tuesday is Tucker, Wednesday is Webster, Thursday is Thomas and Friday is Frank.
39. Riddle: What do you call a baby rifle?
Answer: Son of a gun.
40. Riddle: How does the Best Man put his kids to bed?
Answer: He tux them in.
41. Riddle: Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Answer: Because, if it had four it would be a sedan.
The answer to this riddle relies on a play on the word coop vs. coupe which kids might not be familiar with. A 'coupe' refers to a style of car which has less than 33 cubic feet of interior and typically only has two doors. While, a sedan, refers to a style of the car which has a larger interior and typically has 4 doors. It's a joke/riddle that requires kids to have a broader vocabulary.
42. Riddle: Within, I clean all that is bad and old. I make juice that's the color of gold. Should I die, a filter machine would you need to assemble to replace me, and a bean I resemble... What am I?
Answer: A kidney.
43. Riddle: A man moved into a new house and decided he was tired after the journey and turned off all the lights and went to bed. The next morning he killed 365 people, he does not sleep walk he slept like a baby. How could this be?
Answer: He lived in a lighthouse.
44. Riddle: There were 5 children in a room. Iris drew a picture, Barry played video games, Andrew played chess, and Trina read a book. What is the fifth child, Mindy, doing?
Answer: Mindy is playing chess with Andrew. You can't play chess alone!
45. Riddle: Where do coal diggers play baseball?
Answer: The minor (miner) leagues.
46. Riddle: What did baby corn say to mama corn?
Answer: Where is pop-corn?
This is an example of a silly riddle for kids. As riddles usually do, kids will have to rely on their inner self-humor to come up with the answer to this riddle.
47. Riddle: I went to city OZ on the way I saw four women, with four bags, who have four kittens. Each woman had two children with her. How many people went to the city of OZ? (count correctly)
Answer: One because I went to the city OZ on the way I saw...
48. Riddle: Harley's mother had 7 children. They were named Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. What was the 7th child's name?
49. Riddle: I am the beginning of enmity; the end of life and love; honey can't be without me, yet sugar can be without me. I am the fifth child of my parents 26 children. What am I?
Answer: The letter E.
50. Riddle: I am in your eye. I am a school child. I am a word of five. What am I?
51. Riddle: You're in a room with three monkeys, one has a stick, one has a banana, and one has nothing. Who is the smartest in the room?
Answer: You, of course, is a monkey smarter than you?
The answer to this riddle seems obvious but sometimes it catches kids off guard. This hilarious riddle for kids is just plain fun and requires kids to think, "Am I smarter than a monkey?".
52. Riddle: What key is playful?
53. Riddle: When you take a look at my face, you will not find the number thirteen in any place. What am I?
Answer: A clock.
54. Riddle: Children don't know me. Older men take care of me. Women are panicking because of me. Because of me, men take up arms. What am I?
Answer: A beard.
55. Riddle: Why did King Kong get into trouble at school?
Answer: He was always monkeying around in class.
56. Riddle: What 3 common songs have the same melody?
Answer: Baa Baa Black Sheep twinkle twinkle little star and the Alphabet song! Kid songs.
This riddle is very tricky as it requires common knowledge of music, songs, and in particular, nursery rhymes. Go ahead and hum the three songs to yourself or to others and see if they can guess the songs from the melody.
57. Riddle: Why did the baby strawberry cry?
Answer: His parents were in a jam.
58. Riddle: Why did the chicken cross the road twice, and jump in the mud?
Answer: He was a dirty double-crosser.
59. Riddle: What is the difference between a booger and broccoli?
Answer: Kids won't eat broccoli.
60. Riddle: What did the baby triangle say to the mommy triangle?
Answer: I’m so a-cute!
61. Riddle: A mile from end to end, Yet as close to you as a friend. A precious commodity, freely given. Seen on the dead and on the living. Found in the rich, poor, short, and tall, But shared among children most of all. What is it?
Answer: A simple smile.
This is a classic riddle for kids and requires critical thinking to solve. However, once you see the answer it will indeed, make you smile.
62. Riddle: A grandfather, a father, and a son go fishing. Each gets one fish but there is only one fish how is this?
Answer: it is only one person. he is a son to his father. he is a father to his son. he is a grandfather to his grandchild.
63. Riddle: I go up, I go down; I'm the present, I'm the past; My purpose is none other than for my kids to have fun. What am I?
Answer: A See-Saw.
64. Riddle: Why did the sheriff arrest the chicken?
Answer: It used fowl language
65. Riddle: What toys do baby snakes take to bed?
Answer: Their rattles.
66. Riddle: I can be created by humans, but they cannot control me. I suck on wood, paper, and flesh alike. I can be more of a hindrance than a help at times. To my creators, I seem to be everywhere at once. What am I?
Answer: A baby.
This riddle may be too difficult for kids to solve on their own. Help kids avoid frustration and negative emotion when finding solutions to difficult riddles.
67. Riddle: A mouse, a squirrel, a duck, a chicken, and an elephant are sitting on the side of the road. Someone offers them a lift, but one prefers to stay. Who preferred to stay?
Answer: The Elephant Stayed. If you didn't know, elephants are scared of mice.
68. Riddle: I can provide a blessing, a curse, or clarity. I am always running, but I am stuck in a loop. And though I will rule you for most of your life, you will always look up to me. What am I?
Answer: "A Clock" - Reasoning: Seeing the time on a clock can bring you relief, (e.g. your work shift nearly being over), a curse, (e.g. how long you still have left of a work shift), or simple clarification of what time it is. A clock is always running but always returns to where it began, to repeat. Thus, it is stuck in a loop. And as punching at work, appointments, taking to children to daycare, watching a film at the cinema, et cetera, all require you to be at a place at a certain time, time, which you read on a clock, does rule your life. The only exception is when you do not have a schedule to keep. And traditionally, clocks are usually placed on a wall, above eye level, so many people can look at it to see the time
69. Riddle: Why was the chicken forbidden from sending e-mails?
Answer: Because he kept using 'fowl' language.
70. Riddle: What do you call an iPhone that isn't kidding around?
Answer: Dead Siri-ous.
71. Riddle: How do chickens like to dance?
Answer: Chick to chick.
Again, this is more of a joke than a riddle for kids, but it's kind of funny and very safe.
72. Riddle: What do a baby chick and a greedy person have in common?
Answer: They're both cheep-cheap!
73. Riddle: I'm almost always with you, sometimes I get bigger, and sometimes I disappear. Children like to play with me, detectives use me with caution. What am I?
Answer: A shadow.
74. Riddle: What did you think about the kidnapping in the park?
Answer: Don't worry they woke him up.
75. Riddle: What business is King Kong in?
Answer: The Monkey Business.
76. Riddle: I am a three-digit number. All of my digits are prime. One of the numbers is even. Each of my numbers is used only once. The total of my first and last digits equals 10. The total of my first two digits equals 5.
Answer: This one is fairly easy if you use elimination if you follow all the first 5 steps you get three options: 525, 327, and 723 but if you followed the last step you would reach your answer. The answer was 327.
This is one of those math riddles for kids that can be very challenging for grown-ups. Generally, kids have an easier time finding the solution because they actively practice math while at school.
Related: Math Riddles
77. Riddle: What is the difference between a coat and a baby?
Answer: The one you wear, the other you were.
78. Riddle: Everywhere it lurks, unsettling men and unnerving children. In a house, it visits, in a cave it dwells. One light can put it to flight and make it retreat. Yet you can never escape it, for it is always there. What is it?
Answer: The shadows.
79. Riddle: Under no circumstances compute the number of your barnyard fowl previous to their incubation. What is the proverb?
Answer: Do not count your chickens before they hatch.
80. Riddle: This sentence is frequently asked of small children. Each word in the sentence can be replaced by a letter. What is the sentence?
Answer: R U O K?
81. Riddle: What comes first the chicken or the egg?
Answer: Chicken! The word 'chicken' is in front of the word egg in the dictionary. Hence making it first.
Here is another classic riddle for kids which plays on the age-old "Chicken and Egg" question. You might become clued when you think of other riddles which use the dictionary as an outside-the-box thought.
82. Riddle: I am desired by all people, especially men. Once I pass, you can never have me again. What am I?
83. Riddle: I have a house with no doors no windows, nothing. If I want to get out I break the wall. Who am I?
Answer: Chicken as if it wants to come out breaks the wall.
84. Riddle: I've always had a pet pirate, you see. One who will forever love me. Now if you just repronounced my pet, then you shall get I am TOTALLY not insane and made an AMAZING rhyme! What is it?
Answer: It's a rat. Get it? A PIE RAT? Hehe.
85. Riddle: Which is the creature that has one voice, but has four feet in the morning, two feet in the afternoon, and three feet at night?
Answer: Man crawls on all fours as a baby, walks on two as an adult, and needs a walking cane when old.
86. Riddle: Which would see most clearly in total darkness? A bat, a tiger, or an owl.
Answer: None. In total darkness, it is impossible to see anything.
This one seems obvious but it can be a tricky riddle for kids. Total darkness or absence of light makes it impossible to see. However, bats use echolocation to navigate total darkness with ease.
87. Riddle: How are coffee beans just like kids?
Answer: They're always getting grounded!
88. Riddle: What kin is that child to its father who is not its father's own son?
Answer: His daughter.
89. Riddle: How did the chicken manage to pay for, 'A de Luxe' roost?
Answer: By Higher Perch-ase.
90. Riddle: Why was the Easter egg hiding?
Answer: It was a little chicken!
91. Riddle: What does a chicken say instead of good?
92. Riddle: A fast food restaurant sells chicken in orders of 6,9 and 20. What's the largest number of pieces of chicken you cannot order from the restaurant?
Answer: 43 is the last number that doesn't fall into these categories.
93. Riddle: The presence of himself is set in soft ground Aware of certain assets Illumed since the days of his youth. Who is it?
94. Riddle: Twenty-seven ducks are going to the pond. Five of them got lost, thirteen of them are staying home, and nine of them are at the pond. Where are the rest of them?
Answer: There aren't any anywhere else.
95. Riddle: What is the monkey's favorite month?
96. Riddle: There are 55 marbles and 100 bags. You need to put every marble in a way that the 1st bag has 1 marble, the 2nd bag has 2 marbles, and so on. How many bags will you need to use 55 marbles?
Answer: 55 bags. Put a marble in the first bag then the bag goes in the second bag with 1 marble, making the second have 2 marbles. Repeat this until use 55 marbles, in total, the 55th bag has 55 marbles.
97. Riddle: Cat, horse, monkey; Hat, sombrero, Cappello; Sheep, wool, haggis; Dairy, blueberry, cherry; Television, computer, phone; Which set of words doesn't belong?
Answer: Dairy, blueberry, cherry; All sets of words have a common theme, but this set of words is the only one that rhymes.
98. Riddle: My name starts with "rain" and ends with the first letter of my name. I get mistaken for other things a lot. I am usually present in children's stories. I am usually flying in mid-air too. What am I?
Answer: Santa's reindeer.
99. Riddle: Why is a conundrum like a monkey?
Answer: Because it is far-fetched and full of nonsense.
100. Riddle: A chap at a craft fair, orders a beer brewed from lungs, hearts, liver, and kidneys. After he drank it, what did he say?
Answer: That offal.
101. Riddle: What do you get when you cross Lassie with a cantaloupe?
Answer: A Melancholy Baby!