George said: "You will boil me in water." The fairies were faced with a dilemma. If they boil him in water, that would make his statement true, which means he should have been fried in oil. They can only fry him in oil if he makes a true statement, but if they do, it would make his final statement false. The fairies had no way our of their situation so they were forced to set George free.
1. Tomato because the others are all flowers.
2. Canada because the others are all continents.
3. Could be Dodgers because it starts with a D or could be Cowboys because the others are baseball teams.
4. Cry because the others are about happiness and being glad.
5. East because the others are intermediate directions.
First you select a fruit from the box marked peaches and oranges. If it was a orange you selected, you know that the box could only contain oranges. If it was a peach, you know that the box could only contain peaches since each box is incorrectly marked. If, for example an orange was selected, you would mark that box oranges and switch the other two incorrect labels around. Now all three would be correctly labeled.